I first became acquainted with these crock pot chicken fajitas at a friend's house. She found them on Pinterest, that great saver of busy moms' dinnertimes everywhere. So I went and stalked her Pinterest boards until I found them. I'm not creepy at all, right?
These are so easy, so good, and so messy. It's worth it. You can find the original recipe here at Stacy Makes Cents.
Crock Pot Chicken Fajitas
- 1 yellow onion, sliced
- 3 sweet peppers, sliced
- 1 ½ pounds boneless chicken breast or thighs
- 1/4 cup of chicken broth(optional)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons cumin
- 1 ½ tablespoons chili powder
- Squirt of lime juice(I use the bottled kind)
- Tortillas or rice
- Toppings(sour cream, cheese, guacamole, lettuce, tomato, all that good stuff!)
- Combine sliced onion and peppers in the bottom of a greased crockpot.
- Lay chicken on top of veggies.
- Pour chicken broth over top.
- Sprinkle everything with cumin, salt, and chili powder.
- Give a nice quirt of lime juice over the top.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-8 hours (or on High for 4 hours) or until meat is shreddable.
- When meat is done, shred with two forks and stir back into juices.
- Serve on tortillas or over rice with your choice of toppings.
Enjoy the messy goodness!
Like what you see? Follow along!